Safety & Security
Venue Safety and Security Information
At Utilita Arena Newcastle we do lots to keep you safe with some security measures that you can see and some that you can’t. Please be assured that safety continues to be our priority at all times.
Our event and security teams continue to remain vigilant and are working together with local and national authorities to ensure our visitors have the safest and most enjoyable experience while visiting Utilita Arena Newcastle.
We have a number of security measures in place visible and non-visible, with personnel internal and external for all events.
When arriving at the arena there are security checks to pass through to gain access to the building with a valid ticket. We advise to give yourself extra time to pass through venue security checks, especially for comedy acts and sold out shows.
We encourage you to only bring essential items and stress NO LARGE BAGS OR BACK PACKS. All bags must be smaller than 40cm x 35cm x 19cm which is approx A3 size.
There will be no temporary storage facilities for such items within the venue and it will be left to the patron to find a safe temporary facility to hold the item. The venue will not be responsible for late admission or non-admission as a result of this policy.
We take the safety and security of all our fans and visitors very seriously. When coming to the Arena we ask you arrive early to allow time to pass through security checks.
Our security and customer services team are there for your safety. Please cooperate fully with all security checks and support these vital members of our team as they carry out important work.
Utiltia Arena Newcastle is delighted to announce the introduction of walk through metal detectors to replace and improve the current manual scanning procedure.
All entry constitutes consent to search.
Our Bag Policy
We encourage you to only bring essential items and stress no large bags or backpacks at all will be permitted into venue.
NO LARGE BAGS OR BACK PACKS at all will be permitted into the venue. There is no storage or cloak room facility available so please make alternative arrangements before arriving to the venue. All bags must be smaller than 40cm x 35cm x 19cm which is approx A3 size.
If needed, Stasher have locations within a short walk to the arena where large bags and items can be stored - Book online - We do not have cloakroom or storage facilites at the arena. Prices start from £6 per item for 24 hour storeage.
Exceptions will only be made for those with medical requirements and/or special needs, we ask this is communicated to venue ahead of visit for ease of entry. Please contact us on Newcastle.Accessibility@eu.asmglobal.com
All entry constitutes consent to search.
- Backpacks including holdalls, luggage, computer bags and cushions**
- Glass, cans, aluminium bottles or thermoses of any kind including any liquid products which can be consumed**
- Flammable liquids in any container
- Laser pens/pointers
- Video cameras, professional cameras and recording devices
- Laptop computers, Ipads and Go Pro’s
- Large/golf umbrellas
- Knives, firearms or weapons of any kind
- Illegal drugs or substances
- Alcoholic beverages
- Signs, banners or flags with or without poles, staffs or selfie sticks
- Animals (except service animals to aid persons with disabilities)
- Air horns, whistles, cowbells or other noise-making distractions
- Projectiles (Frisbees, beach balls, footballs etc)
- Aerosol cans (hairspray, mace pepper spray etc)
- Fireworks, confetti or glitter bombs or sprays
- Glow sticks
- Use of wheeled footwear, skateboards
- Helmets and full face masks excluding clear visors
- Large belt buckles, studs, chains and spiked collars, boots or jackets
- Glass bottles of perfume
- Anything else which we deem to ruin the enjoyment or viewing experience of others
- Any refreshments or refreshment containers
- Cameras & recording equipment including iPads and Tablets: the unauthorised use of cameras, video, iPads and Tablets and any other form of recording equipment is strictly prohibited. However, some of the shows do permit the use of small digital cameras including, in many cases, 'bridge' cameras (larger digital cameras with zoom lenses that cannot be removed). For the avoidance of any confusion 'professional' cameras with removable and interchangeable lenses are always prohibited. Unfortunately, the camera policy for a specific show is typically only confirmed on the day of the event. We would advise that if you choose to bring a small digital camera to the Arena you must be prepared not to use it if requested not to do so.
**Exceptions will be made for those with medical requirements and/or special needs, we ask this is communicated to venue ahead of visit for ease of entry.
MANAGING FOOD SAFETY & ALLERGEN AWARENESS
Every aspect of food safety is of the highest importance to our organisation, and we take every care to ensure that you can eat safely whilst visiting our venues. In addition to strict hygiene procedures, we have embarked upon an extensive allergen awareness campaign. This includes high levels of staff training, and implementation of policies, procedures and processes, in line with the Food Information Regulations. We are continually reviewing and improving every aspect of our Food Safety Strategy, this includes ensuring up to date information on allergens is shared with our teams, reducing the possibility for allergen exposure.
What Else Do We Do To Keep You Safe?
There are continuous security measures in place.
We have detection dogs at our sites, if you see them say hello but ask you to remember they are working dogs.
All our staff are trained to ensure all our guests have a safe, secure and happy time. We work very closely with the appropriate authorities including Northumbria Police to ensure our security procedures are always of best practice.
And please do not be alarmed if you see additional resource at the Arena with a very important job to do, please leave them to do what they do best.