Customer Concerns Handling Policy & Procedure
Utilita Arena Newcastle is committed to providing a high quality service and experience to all our customers. We recognise that we may not always provide the high level of service that we would like and welcome the opportunity to consider and respond to any concerns that our customers may have. One of the ways in which we can continue to improve our service is by listening to the views of our customers and by putting any mistakes right.
This policy has three main aims and objectives:
- To prove a user friendly way for people to raise any concerns they have about any services we have provided
- To provide us with a procedure that helps us to respond quickly and efficiently to customer concerns
- To help us monitor our customers’ concerns so that we can understand how we may improve our service to you
Raising a concern in person
If you have a concern whilst you are at the Utilita Arena Newcastle, please go directly to our customer services desk, where you will be able to speak to a dedicated member of our customer services team. The location of the customer services desk is signposted throughout the venue, but if in doubt, please approach any member of staff, who will then direct you. Our staff are trained to ensure that all customer concerns are dealt with quickly and effectively. Our staff will listen objectively to your concern and, where possible, bring it to a satisfactory conclusion there and then. Serious or complex matters which are unlikely to be resolved by a member of our customer services team may be referred to the Duty Manager or other senior member of staff, or you may be asked to notify us of your concern in writing.
Notifying us of your concerns in writing
You can notify us of any concerns you may have in relation to Utilita Arena Newcastle in a number of ways:
By post to:
Customer Services Department
Utilita Arena Newcastle
Newcastle upon Tyne
Or by e mail to: [email protected]
Alternatively, you may wish to complete a Feedback Form (available from our customer services desk). We review our customer feedback on a regular basis in order to assess how we might improve our service to you. Please note that we do not respond to feedback forms as a matter of course, so if you require a response to your concern we invite you to set out your concerns in writing to us.
If you are unable to contact us in writing, please telephone us on 0191 260 5000 and ask to speak to a member of our customer services team.
What will happen next?
- We will acknowledge your concern within 3 working days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this policy.
- We will then investigate your concern. Depending on the nature of the concern, this may involve contacting third parties (for example where your concern relates to a service that has been sub-contracted to another company), or reviewing our CCTV or other evidence.
- We aim to respond to your concern within 21 working days of the date of acknowledgment at stage 1. In the event that our investigations are still ongoing and it appears unlikely we will be able to respond within our target times, we will inform you of the reason for the delay and provide an estimate of our anticipated response time. We shall keep you informed of progress and respond as soon as possible following conclusion of our investigation.
- At the end of the 21 working days period (or any extension due to ongoing investigations), we will send a written reply to your concern, including our suggestion for resolving the matter.
- If you are still not satisfied following receipt of our response letter, please contact us again and we will arrange for a senior manager to review the original decision.
- We aim to respond to you within 14 working days of receiving your request for a review of the original decision, confirming our final position on your concern and explaining our reasons.
If you are still not satisfied with our response to your concern you may wish to contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau or take independent legal advice.