Please be assured that public safety continues to be our priority.
Our event and security teams continue to remain vigilant and are working together with local and national authorities to ensure our visitors have the safest and most enjoyable experience whilst visiting Utilita Arena Newcastle.
We have a number of security measures in place visible and non-visible, with personnel internal and external for all events.
We encourage you to only bring essential items and stress NO LARGE BAGS OR BACK PACKS. All bags must be smaller than 40cm x 35cm x 19cm which is approx A3 size.
Walk through metal detectors
We are delighted to announce the introduction of walk through metal detectors to replace and improve the current manual scanning procedure; with the aim of increasing the speed of entry as well as giving our fantastic security team’s arms and backs a rest, these arches will be a huge benefit to all in the attendance of future events.
The detectors are quick and simple to use and will be a welcome development to further define our security, enhancing the customer experience and ease of entry into the venue with guest safety at the forefront of everything we do.
Positioned externally, these arches will make for quick entry for all into the venue, we would still like to remind patrons to please arrive for doors to assist with smooth entry, allowing time for queues and therefore ensuring everyone is in their seats in time for the show starting.
We take the safety and security of all our fans and visitors very seriously. When coming to the Arena we ask you arrive early to allow time to pass through security checks.
Our security and customer services team are there for your safety. Please cooperate fully with all security checks and support these vital members of our team as they carry out important work.
Utiltia Arena Newcastle is delighted to announce the introduction of walk through metal detectors to replace and improve the current manual scanning procedure.
All entry constitutes consent to search.
Our Bag Policy
We encourage you to only bring essential items and stress no large bags or backpacks at all will be permitted into venue.
NO LARGE BAGS OR BACK PACKS at all will be permitted into the venue. There is no storage or cloak room facility available so please make alternative arrangements before arriving to the venue. All bags must be smaller than 40cm x 35cm x 19cm which is approx A3 size.
If needed, Stasher have locations within a short walk to the arena where large bags and items can be stored - Book online - We do not have cloakroom or storage facilites at the arena and you will be directed to the nearest Stasher location. Prices start from £6 per item for 24 hour storeage.
Exceptions will only be made for those with medical requirements and/or special needs, we ask this is communicated to venue ahead of visit for ease of entry. Please contact us on Newcastle.Accessibility@eu.asmglobal.com
All entry constitutes consent to search.
- Backpacks including holdalls, luggage, computer bags and cushions**
- Glass, cans, aluminium bottles or thermoses of any kind including any liquid products which can be consumed**
- Flammable liquids in any container
- Laser pens/pointers
- Video cameras, professional cameras and recording devices
- Laptop computers, Ipads and Go Pro’s
- Large/golf umbrellas
- Knives, firearms or weapons of any kind
- Illegal drugs or substances
- Alcoholic beverages
- Signs, banners or flags with or without poles, staffs or selfie sticks
- Animals (except service animals to aid persons with disabilities)
- Air horns, whistles, cowbells or other noise-making distractions
- Projectiles (Frisbees, beach balls, footballs etc)
- Aerosol cans (hairspray, mace pepper spray etc)
- Fireworks, confetti or glitter bombs or sprays
- Glow sticks
- Use of wheeled footwear, skateboards
- Masks and helmets
- Large belt buckles, studs, chains and spiked collars, boots or jackets
- Glass bottles of perfume
- Anything else which we deem to ruin the enjoyment or viewing experience of others
- Any refreshments or refreshment containers
- Cameras & recording equipment including iPads and Tablets: the unauthorised use of cameras, video, iPads and Tablets and any other form of recording equipment is strictly prohibited. However, some of the shows do permit the use of small digital cameras including, in many cases, 'bridge' cameras (larger digital cameras with zoom lenses that cannot be removed). For the avoidance of any confusion 'professional' cameras with removable and interchangeable lenses are always prohibited. Unfortunately, the camera policy for a specific show is typically only confirmed on the day of the event. We would advise that if you choose to bring a small digital camera to the Arena you must be prepared not to use it if requested not to do so.
**Exceptions will be made for those with medical requirements and/or special needs, we ask this is communicated to venue ahead of visit for ease of entry.
What Else Do We Do To Keep You Safe?
There are continuous security measures in place.
All our staff are trained to ensure all our guests have a safe, secure and happy time. We work very closely with the appropriate authorities including Northumbria Police to ensure our security procedures are always of best practice.
And please do not be alarmed if you see additional resource at the Arena with a very important job to do, please leave them to do what they do best.
Here’s what you need to know if you are attending an event…
- Come Early. We ask you arrive in enough time to pass through security checks and cooperate fully with our team
- Have your Ticket Ready. Ticket checks will take place on entry to the Utilita Arena site. Please have out and ready for inspection. If collecting tickets please have receipt or email ready.
- NO LARGE BAGS OR BACK PACKS at all will be permitted into the venue. There is no storage or cloak room facility available so please make alternative arrangements before arriving to the venue. Stasher provide storage locations. Book online from £6 per item for 24 hours.
- Inform Us. If you have any medical requirements or special needs we ask this is communicated to venue ahead of visit for ease of entry.
We would like to reinforce that the advice from the government is to "be alert, not alarmed and be vigilant", and we wish you an enjoyable event.