Betway Premier League Darts 2014
Thursday 8th May 2014
- Doors Open:
Tables: £40.00, £35.00 Tiered: £20.00
PREMIER LEAGUE DARTS will be bigger than ever in 2014 with the introduction of an additional league night as the ten-player tournament, and will be coming to the North East at the Metro Radio Arena on Thursday 8th May 2014.
Darts' biggest roadshow event will celebrate its tenth staging next year, with reigning champion Michael van Gerwen set to defend his title against the likes of six-time winner Phil Taylor across 16 weeks of action around the UK and Ireland, live on Sky Sports.
The season will kick off on Thursday February 6 at the Echo Arena in Liverpool, as the ten players begin the first phase of the campaign, which sees them play each other once over the opening nine weeks.
Following the opening night in Liverpool, Premier League Darts will visit the BIC in Bournemouth, the Odyssey Arena in Belfast, the SECC in Glasgow, Exeter's Westpoint Arena and the Capital FM Arena in Nottingham.
The tournament will make its debut in Leeds on Thursday March 20 at the new First Direct Arena, before visiting The O2 in Dublin and the Motorpoint Arena in Cardiff for Judgement Night, as the bottom two players in the league table are eliminated.
Six further league nights will then be held, with each featuring either four or five matches as the remaining eight players meet each other once more at the Motorpoint Arena in Sheffield, the GE Oil & Gas Arena in Aberdeen, Manchester's Phones 4u Arena, the NIA in Birmingham, the Metro Radio Arena in Newcastle and at The Brighton Centre.
The top four players following the completion of the 15-night league season will then progress to compete in the Play-Offs at The O2 in London on May 22, with the Semi-Finals and Final to be accompanied by the PDC Unicorn World Youth Championship Final.
"Premier League Darts has developed into a must-see sporting event for fans across the UK and Ireland in recent years and there's already huge anticipation ahead of the 2014 competition," said PDC Chairman Barry Hearn.
"This year's tournament provided so many memorable matches from start to finish, and the introduction of relegation for the bottom two players after nine weeks added even more drama on Judgement Night, and the race for Play-Off places was equally exciting.
"For Michael van Gerwen to win the Premier League Darts title in his debut season made it especially memorable for him following his brilliant final with Phil Taylor, and the competition for players to join them in the event next year is fierce.
"We're already looking forward to kicking off the 2014 Premier League Darts season at a sell-out Echo Arena in Liverpool in February, and it's equally exciting to be taking the event to another great sporting city, Leeds, which has seen the launch of the First Direct Arena recently."
The competitors for the 2014 Premier League Darts will be announced in January 2014 following the completion of the Ladbrokes World Darts Championship, with the top four players from the PDC Order of Merit to be joined by six Wildcards.
No football colours at any time, it must be removed & stored away, covering over will not suffice.
Please note Premier League Darts restrictions below:
• No football colours at any time, it must be removed & stored away, covering over will not suffice
• The venue has the right of admission; Spectators may be subject to random bag or person searches for safety and
• Children under 16 should be accompanied by an appropriate adult.
• Please note the use of flash photography or video/image recording is not permitted.
• Spectators are respectfully requested to behave in an orderly manner at all times.
• Drunkenness will not be tolerated and perpetrators will be asked to leave the premises.
• No darts, real or pretend, no obscenities or football slogans are to be written on 180 cards
• No Mexican waves, no drunken or intoxicated behaviour, no displaying of naked flesh
• No abusive behaviour towards any staff, players, officials, no racial chanting, no standing on tables / chairs
• NO Balloons / inflatable’s, whistles, air horns, party poppers, spray string, snappits, weapons or items deemed to
• Fancy Dress is allowed – but should be monitored for items that could be used as a weapon
• Session times are subject to change and the PDC will make every effort to give as much notice as possible should
this be unavoidable.
• Please check with the Box Office or visit www.pdc.tv for any changes.
• The Broadcast may contain strobe lighting and smoke effects. Any person who may be adversely affected by such
effects should take notice and take appropriate action.
• International colours are admissible as are rugby colours
• By attending an Event, Ticket holders consent to filming and sound recording of themselves as members of the
audience. The PDC, event broadcaster or other third party may use such films and recordings (including any copies)