888.com Premier League Darts
Thursday 12th May 2011
- Doors Open:
£30 table seats (Max 6 per purchaser), £20 tiered seats
888.com Premier League Darts Announce 2011 UK Tour
THE 2011 PDC Premier League Darts will be held on 15 consecutive Thursday nights from February-May, taking in most of the UK's largest arenas for the sport's most popular event., coming to the Metro Radio Arena on Thursday 12th May 2011.
Eight stars of the PDC will compete in Premier League Darts, facing each other twice over the course of 14 league nights before the top four players compete in the play-offs at the Wembley Arena on Thursday May 19th.
This year's event saw reigning champion James Wade defeated in an historic final by Phil Taylor, who became the first player in history to hit two nine-dart finishes in the same match as he claimed a fifth Premier League Darts title. The tournament will kick off at The O2 in London on February 10th, before the league phase ends at Newcastle's Metro Radio Arena on May 12th.
The play-offs will be held on the following Thursday, May 19th, at the Wembley Arena, and all nights will be screened live on Sky Sports HD. The PDC's top four players following the Ladbrokes.com World Darts Championship on January 4 will qualify by right to compete in Premier League Darts, and will be joined by four Wildcard selections.
"Premier League Darts is one of British sport's biggest success stories since we introduced the tournament in 2005 and this year's event saw the event move to a new level," said PDC Chairman Barry Hearn.
"Not only did we pack arenas around the UK for three months but the players produced an incredible standard of darts - most notably with Raymond van Barneveld's nine-dart finish in Aberdeen which was followed by the incredible final which featured two nine-darters from Phil Taylor.
"We are already looking forward to seeing darts' most exciting players in the 2011 Premier League Darts and I'm sure our fans across the United Kingdom feel the same way."
• No large cameras, video recorders, tape recorders allowed into the venue.
• No football colours at any time
• No darts, real or pretend, no obscenities or football slogans are to be written on 180 cards
• No Mexican waves, no drunken or intoxicated behaviour, no displaying of naked flesh
• No abusive behaviour towards any staff, players, officials, no racial chanting, no standing on tables / chairs
• No balloons / inflatables, whistles, air horns, party poppers, spray string, snappits, weapons or items deemed to offensive
View Event Seating Plan