2017 Betway Premier League Darts
Thursday 2nd February 2017
- Doors Open:
£23.00, £36.00 & £41.00
NEWCASTLE’S Metro Radio Arena is to host the opening night of the 2017 Betway Premier League on Thursday February 2 as the ten-player tournament, featuring the likes of Phil Taylor, Gary Anderson and reigning champion Michael van Gerwen, commences.
The Betway Premier League sees ten stars competing across four months at arenas in the UK, Ireland and Netherlands in a bid to win the prestigious title, which was claimed for a second time by van Gerwen in 2016.
The Premier League, televised live by Sky Sports and broadcast worldwide, has also been won six times by legendary Stoke star Taylor since its inception in 2005, with Anderson claiming the title twice and both James Wade and Raymond van Barneveld also lifting the trophy.
The 2017 season will begin at the Metro Radio Arena in Newcastle on Thursday February 2, then visiting Nottingham and Leeds before returning to the Brighton Centre on February 23.
Further league nights in Exeter and Glasgow will follow before the Premier League returns to the Netherlands on March 16, with Rotterdam Ahoy having hosted a sell-out Premier League event earlier this year.
The Manchester Arena will then host the world's top stars before Judgement Night on March 30 at Cardiff's Motorpoint Arena will see the bottom two players eliminated from the event.
The remaining eight stars will then compete across the remaining six league nights, in Dublin, Liverpool, Belfast, Birmingham, Sheffield and Aberdeen, in a bid to win spots in the Play-Offs at The O2 in London on May 18.
The top four players from the PDC Order of Merit following the 2016/2017 World Championship will qualify by right for the Betway Premier League, alongside six Wildcard selections to be announced during January.
Tickets costing from £23.00 ware available online, from the booking hotline number 0844 493 6666 or in person from the Metro Radio Arena Box Office.
Please note Premier League Darts restrictions below:
• No football colours at any time, it must be removed & stored away, covering over will not suffice
• The venue has the right of admission; Spectators may be subject to random bag or person searches for safety and
• Children under 16 should be accompanied by an appropriate adult.
• Please note the use of flash photography or video/image recording is not permitted.
• Spectators are respectfully requested to behave in an orderly manner at all times.
• Drunkenness will not be tolerated and perpetrators will be asked to leave the premises.
• No darts, real or pretend, no obscenities or football slogans are to be written on 180 cards
• No Mexican waves, no drunken or intoxicated behaviour, no displaying of naked flesh
• No abusive behaviour towards any staff, players, officials, no racial chanting, no standing on tables / chairs
• NO Balloons / inflatable’s, whistles, air horns, party poppers, spray string, snappits, weapons or items deemed to
• Fancy Dress is allowed – but should be monitored for items that could be used as a weapon
• Session times are subject to change and the PDC will make every effort to give as much notice as possible should
this be unavoidable.
• Please check with the Box Office or visit www.pdc.tv for any changes.
• The Broadcast may contain strobe lighting and smoke effects. Any person who may be adversely affected by such
effects should take notice and take appropriate action.
• International colours are admissible as are rugby colours
• By attending an Event, Ticket holders consent to filming and sound recording of themselves as members of the
audience. The PDC, event broadcaster or other third party may use such films and recordings (including any copies)